Monday, December 1, 2014

Meet a CWAP Sister: Marilyn


“I always read my CWAP newsletter, to keep up with everything. I wait for it in the mail every other month. I would see all the pictures from SASS graduations, but the timing never worked out because I am in school. But now at Lawndale I was able to make it work!” Marilyn graduated from Project SASS at Lawndale Christian Health Center in November!

Marilyn is a full time student and will be graduating with her Bachelor of Community Health, before going on to study a Master of Public Health. “You should never stop learning. It’s important to stay up to date, things are changing and improving in the future,” explains Marilyn. To keep up to date, Marilyn says, “I go online. You want to go somewhere credible, my main site is USA.gov, the Centers for Disease Control, or the National Institute for Health.”

Marilyn has enjoyed Project SASS and says “I thought it was going to be a simple class, but Project SASS has covered everything.” Marilyn’s message to her CWAP sisters is to “live with perseverance, courage, and take care of yourself before everyone else. In the morning you wake up, you start with you. You can live with HIV, its been 25 years and I feel better everyday, when its hard, just take it one day at a time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment